This was the trip that we have been looking forward to since January! Dustin, my brother and my dad have been planning to do this gun course in Las Vegas for over a year, so while they were off doing their thing, Mom and I did ours!
Day 1, Las Vegas
We drove down to Vegas on Father's Day. Visiting the Bass Pro Shop and Jacob was fascinated with their giant aquarium. We took Jakie swimming, which was a real treat for him because we don't go swimming very often.
Day 2 & 3, Monterey
Mom, Jacob and I drove to Monterey on Monday, which was a super long day. Mom says we had to stop in every town either for me or Jacob. Might only be a SLIGHT exaggeration. We spent Tuesday at the Monterey Bay Aquarium which was so fun. Jacob really enjoyed all the "Nemos" but mostly he just likes to run around. They have kid play areas and we had to drag him out of them to go see exhibits. We had a fun time just wandering in shops and painting our toenails. Jacob insisted we paint his nails too, so we did. I got in a little bit of trouble for that, but Jacob was happy so that's all that I cared about.
Day 4-5
Wednesday we spent driving down to Lompoc. We played in the yard a while then went to visit our family for a bit. It was nice to have some time to relax after so much walking the day before. Thursday we went down to Santa Barbara for the day. One of my best friends from high school was able to come spend the day with us and we had a blast! We walked in the harbor for a while, then went up to the Museum of Natural History to see the butterfly exhibit they have. I thought it was awesome, all those butterflies everywhere...Jacob was not too impressed. He's going through a "bugs are icky" phase and didn't want to have anything to do with them. I'm sure next year he will be saying "look what i found Mom!" and showing me some nasty bug, but for now...
Day 6-7 DISNEYLAND!
I love Disneyland. Dustin has never been (well he has NOW) and so wasn't so much interested in the whole idea, but he let me have my fun anyway. I have been to Disneyland many times, both as a child and an adult and I love it every time. Well this year there was no stopping me and I had my mom to back me up. We met the guys in Anaheim on Friday afternoon and spent all day Saturday at the happiest place on earth. Jacob loved it! He was so excited, he couldn't close his eyes all day. He finally passed out about 6 PM and was out for the night. He loved seeing his favorite characters all over the place, especially Mickey and Peter Pan. His favorite rides were It's a Small World which we went on twice and the Buzz Lightyear ride which we also did twice. He also liked the Dumbo ride and Orbiter (the rocket one) which made Mom and me a little sick. We didn't get to go on as many rides as I would have liked, we never even made it to Pirates of the Carribean, but we still had a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment