Jacob has been really sick with the flu for the last 3 days. The poor little guy has been SO sick. It's so hard for me to see him when he's sick. On the up side, I have gotten more snuggles in the last few days than I have in months. He's had a fever between 100 and 104 up and down for 3 days and I was getting really worried. I debated on whether or not to take him in to the doctor. Last year when he got the flu bug, she told me that there really isn't much they can do unless he gets dehydrated. Thank heavens I could keep him drinking. He didn't eat much other than crackers for 2 days, but last night he ate some rice with a meat sauce and made his momma very happy. He seems much more his normal self today. Jacob is still a bit short-tempered so I can tell he's not 100%, but this is hugely improved, so I'm ok with the intermittent cry spells. With my boss being out of town most of the week, it's been impossible for me to stay home with Jakie, but we made it! I'm glad that it's conference weekend and I can just keep him home and not expose the other kids to his germs.
We've been cleaning out our basement and listening to conference on the radio today. We still don't have a furnace so we've been bundling up under blankets and sweaters. We are hoping to have the furnace situation figured out by the end of the week. It's been an interesting experience. I'll tell the story...about a week ago I woke up smelling gas in our house. Not a good thing. I had been having really bad headaches/migraines for a week before this, which is abnormal for me. Anyway, we figured out the leaking was in our furnace and turned off the gas. We had 3 leaks so it would have cost us $800 to fix our 30 year old furnace. NOT WORTH IT! We figure it will help us sell if we can tell the people we have a new furnace. Anyway, we've been getting a few quotes, but they have to come to the house and I'm not home during the day, so they have to work around Dustin's school and work schedules which is a nightmare. We have a pretty good idea now what we want to do, it's just a matter of getting all of our ducks in a row. So yeah it's been fun. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have some heat again!
3 comments:
Oh no, poor Jacob:( glad he's beginning to feel better though...for all your sakes! How scary that your furnace was leaking gas! So glad you figured it out, but at the same time I'm sooo sorry you guys are freezing:( I hope it gets worked out soon:) Sending warm thoughts from Philly!
Holy cow! you poor people must be freezing! I hope you cna get it fixed soon. We have been on the 70s here lately and we have all been bundeling up, and I know thats nothing compared to the temp. where you are at!
I hope he's feeling better this week! It's been a cold week I hope you have a ton of blankets I'm freezing (but then again when am I not?)
Post a Comment