Monday, August 10, 2009

Blackberry CRAZY!

Dustin and I absolutely LOVE blackberries. Dustin had a bush in his backyard growing up and I just love all fruit. So you can imagine how excited we were to move into our house and have this monstrosity in our backyard. Our blackberry bush is approximately 40 feet long and 10 feet high. It literally takes over the back section of our yard. We have a HUGE yard, so we don't really care. Anyway, 2 summers ago, we chopped the monster down to the ground. We didn't have much in the way of berries last year (the monster was on recovery) but we have been bombarded this year! I went on a baking spree this weekend and made blackberry JAM, a blackberry PIE, and blackberry syrup for our pancakes. I almost made more, but I had to go pick more berries and I wasn't in the mood to tackle the monster bush. Anyway, here are a bunch of pictures of my Berry Mania!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for letting us pick some blackberries tonight for family home evening. Lydia sure had fun playing in the pool in her clothes and getting sopping wet. Thanks for the borrowing of pjs. LOL!

Rachel said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I LOVE blackberries!

Kara said...

Oh I adore blackberries! My grandparents have huge bushes in their backyard and it's just not summertime without staining our fingers purple picking (& eating) them :) That pie looks amazing!!