I had a moment tonight. I was having trouble getting Jacob to sleep. He would be almost there then those little eyeballs would just pop open and he'd be standing in his crib. I thought, ok...I'll let him cry for a little bit. That seemed to be working, I could hear him drifting off. Then BAM! He starts wailing again! So, I give in and go pick up my little boy. I wrap him in his blanket and start rocking. Within seconds, this sweet little boy of mine curls into a little ball on my chest and falls asleep. I guess he just needed a mommy moment. The whole experience really made me reflect. I have been so blessed with this healthy, happy, special little boy. I can't help but beam with pride every time someone compliments me on him. "Jacob is so cute!" "Jacob is so good-natured." Each time, I just feel my heart swell. Wow, I am getting way too sappy in my old age. I know all of you mommies out there feel the same way about your little ones. Snuggling my little 10-month-old tonight was something I hope I'll never forget. The feel of his warm little forehead on my chin and listening to him breathing. I hope all of us never forget our "mommy moments."
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Mommy Moment
I had a moment tonight. I was having trouble getting Jacob to sleep. He would be almost there then those little eyeballs would just pop open and he'd be standing in his crib. I thought, ok...I'll let him cry for a little bit. That seemed to be working, I could hear him drifting off. Then BAM! He starts wailing again! So, I give in and go pick up my little boy. I wrap him in his blanket and start rocking. Within seconds, this sweet little boy of mine curls into a little ball on my chest and falls asleep. I guess he just needed a mommy moment. The whole experience really made me reflect. I have been so blessed with this healthy, happy, special little boy. I can't help but beam with pride every time someone compliments me on him. "Jacob is so cute!" "Jacob is so good-natured." Each time, I just feel my heart swell. Wow, I am getting way too sappy in my old age. I know all of you mommies out there feel the same way about your little ones. Snuggling my little 10-month-old tonight was something I hope I'll never forget. The feel of his warm little forehead on my chin and listening to him breathing. I hope all of us never forget our "mommy moments."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so sweet! I loooove mommy moments! Sometimes it's hard for me to be a patient mom when I'm tired & it's late...but I always try to remind myself that this time passes so quickly ...and my little one that's keeping me up will never be that age again. Time goes too fast.
I always love the pictures of Jacob. He is so cute!
Post a Comment